March 18 – 10:00 – 12:30pm
Nifty Tips & Tricks for Not-So-Beginners, who’ve taken some classes, practiced a bit, & now want to refine & expand their techniques
Does this happen to you? You go to a class, you learn a new technique… but then when you get home your new skill is just not coming together? Which wire or hammer to use and when? I have all these beads – now what do I do with them?
I’m all about speed, consistency and keeping things simple. I’ve learned a lot over the past 10 years, and in this class I spill on all the different ways I’ve found to make things easier, more efficient and way less frustrating, along with workarounds when I’ve run out of something essential.
Bring me your questions! Bring examples of what you’re having problems with. There will be lots of time for Q&A on the techniques YOU want to know.
– Rules and how and when to break them;
– Why jump rings and seed beads are your friends;
– How to make ear wires, plain and decorative headpins, connectors, dangles & wraps;
– How to make consistent wire loops and wraps;
– How to crimp a necklace so it drapes well;
– Construction and finishing techniques (how to wrap a large-hole bead, etc.);
– Easy and inexpensive ways to jazz up otherwise plain earrings, necklace or bracelet;
Skill level: Beginner / Intermediate
Technique: Beading, Working with Wire
Bring to class:
- Bead mat
- Sharp Scissors
- Your own tools if you have: pliers, tools, wire, beads
- Pen and paper for notes.
Instructors will have only a limited supply of tools to share; please bring all tools and any task light/magnifiers as required if you have.
- $10.00+ payable directly to the instructor at the beginning of the class
- NOTE: Ethnic powder glass & metal beads, spacers, semi-precious & turquoise beads will be available to purchase in class or at my show booth. Show me this course receipt and get 10% off most beads (excludes turquoise).
- Copper practice wire
- Assortment of beads and findings
Instructor: Barbara MacDougall
I make interesting pieces incorporating turquoise, semi-precious stones, handmade fair trade beads and other cool stuff. come stop by my booth at The Gem Expo and say hi!