March 19 – 10:00 – 12:00pm Book Now
Totally Addicting Stretch Stacker & Mala Bracelets
This is a great introduction to one of the fastest and easiest bracelet-making techniques for beginners of all ages. Scissors and occasionally pliers are the only tools required. Learn these tips and tricks:
- How to tie a knot that holds without using glue
- Sizing your bracelet to fit, no more bags and sags
- How to hide the knot
- Easy and inexpensive ways to jazz up a plain bracelet
- Choosing appropriate beads
- And lots more
A selection of beads will be supplied, plus there will be more beads and extra Stretch Magic for sale. Bring your own beads (1.0mm or larger holes) , projects you’re working on and lots of questions. This truly is a fun class and you’ll leave with an arm stacked full of beautiful bracelets.
Skill level: Beginner
Bring to class:
- Bead mat
- Sharp Scissors
- Participants are encouraged to bring any beads and bracelet charms and necklace pendants they already have that they’d like to use (bead holes need to be 1mm or larger for the stretch bracelets and a minimum of 1.5mm or larger for leather)
- Pen and paper for notes.
Instructors will have only a limited supply of tools to share; please bring all tools and any task light/magnifiers as required if you have.
- $15.00 payable directly to the instructor at the beginning of the class
- Stretch Magic sufficient for 5 – 6 bracelets
- Selection of beads to make your bracelets in class
- List of supplies
Instructor: Barbara MacDougall
I make interesting pieces incorporating turquoise, semi-precious stones, handmade fair trade beads and other cool stuff. come stop by my booth at The Gem Expo and say hi!